Reporting to the Finance Lead for Agency Business, you (Financial Accountant) will manage the day-to-day accounting for our US business and assist with the preparation of management accounts and various consolidated reporting requirements.
This will include working closely with our US-based operations & underwriting teams to ensure the smooth running of our US business. The role will be US based, with a preference for the successful candidate to be located in one of Richmond, VA, Miami, FL or New York.
What you will do
- Assist with the month-end close process – including coordinating with the Operations team, working with the offshore team to review & post journals, resolve queries & complete all reconciliations
- Assist with production of management accounts – including oversight of cash reconciliations, prepaid assets, expense accruals and reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Work closely with the Operations team to validate & make payments to 3rd parties regarding brokerage/claims etc.
- Oversee the accounts payable process, working with the offshore team – including reviewing of invoices, approving banking templates, releasing payments and 1099 submissions
- Oversee the travel & entertainment process – including reviewing expense reports in Concur and ensuring payments are in line with Group policy
- Run and maintain the allocation model for group intercompany recharges
- Work with the Internal Broker, Carriers and Operations teams to validate monthly bordereau & cover-holder commissions, make payments and perform reconciliations
- Monitor aged debt, write-offs and exception reports and work with Operations teams to resolve outstanding issues
- Work with the Claims and Operations team to administer the Claims Fund – including monitoring funding, producing and agreeing bordereau and resolving queries
- Assist with the maintenance and update of SOX documentation
- Work with/respond to queries from the Financial Planning & Analysis team on variance analysis and planning/forecasting
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Respond to auditors’ queries and requests
- Contribute to system testing, ad hoc projects and research work
What you require for the role
- Qualified Accountant, some prior experience and knowledge of Excess & Surplus/ (Re)Insurance market and regulatory requirements are preferable but not essential
- Commitment to customer service and collaboration, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and initiative to investigate issues and recommend solutions
- Ability to work with external vendors/partners to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work under pressure, meet challenging deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to organize and motivate geographically spread-out team members to deliver information on a timely basis
- Prior experience in SUN GL system desirable, or willingness and commitment to achieve proficiency in the near-term
- Ability to work independently within a small team, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- A commitment to adopting technology to increase process efficiencies
- Strong work ethic with superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to partner and work across functional areas to achieve organizational goals
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
Source: Hamilton Insurance Miami
Other Insurance Jobs in Miami