CFO South America
Job Purpose/ Role
In this position you will head and run all the Finance staff in our São Paulo office. You will also be an active discussion partner for the Regional CEO and business leaders. You will manage core financial functions for the Region as well as Operations and Reinsurance. You will ensure compliance with regulatory needs while implementing and adhering to Global Finance Processes & Standards.
- Consistent & continuous improvement of structures and processes for the Region.- Lead and manage the team, with direct reports + matrix responsibilities, providing guidance on overall strategies, defining clear and challenging targets and monitoring progress.- Manage budget within plan, set priorities, develop employees in a continuously changing environment and empower them to execute tasks independently.- Support profitable business growth, evaluate new product business cases and new strategic direction with the Regional CEO, in line with the Global strategy.
Key Requirements/ Skills
Experience in managing core financial functions such as:
- Financial exposure, including Investment portfolio + relevant reports & analysis.
- Solid expense management taking into account business needs.
- Financial reporting & closing processes (tax, regulatory, ratings, reporting requirements).
- Risk management and proper reserving processes.
- Interface for financial reporting to regulatory authorities, internal and external auditors and for ratings agencies.
Mandatory knowledge:- Local GAAP, IFRS, regulatory, capital, risk and tax, cost reporting, compliance and declaration.- Corporate insurance product portfolio and macroeconomic trends.- Principles and practices of other relevant functional areas including Claims, Underwriting, Reinsurance and Accounting.- FLUENT IN ENGLISH.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group’s dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
Worldwide, AGCS operates in 30 countries with own units and in over 210 countries and territories through the Allianz Group network and partners. In 2016, it employed around 5,000 people and provided insurance solutions to more than three quarters of the ‘Fortune Global 500’ companies, writing a total of €7.6 billion gross premium worldwide.AGCS SE is rated AA by Standard & Poor’s and A+ by A.M. Best.More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at www.agcs.allianz.com/careers