AIG has been serving the Ecuador community for more than 50 years. We are one of the largest General Insurance companies in Ecuador offering innovative solutions to the changing needs of our clients. Our range of local and global products provides protection to both individual consumers and commercial clients.
AIG Metropolitana is recognized as top player in the Insurance market with several awards for its product innovation and services excellence, as well as an employer of choice in the Ecuadorian market, winning awards such as a Great Place to Work in 2022.
Your contribution to AIG
The Country CEO for Ecuador is a key strategic leader within LAC region. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of Ecuador strategic vision, business plan and operational structure. This person will also be responsible for the Country P&L, continued business development, growth strategies (organic and inorganic), managing the regulatory relationships, and ensuring that the required standards of governance and controls are established within the organization. The Country CEO will be expected to create a unified culture within the organization and will be the external face of AIG to the market with brokers, clients and partners. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer, LAC General Insurance.
As a People Manager and Senior Leader of an operation with ~200 employees across the country, you make the difference in an employee’s experience at work. You will lead. Great managers provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance. The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company’s success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization’s objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG’s future.
As the General Manage, Ecuador, you will:
- Manage the strategic Joint Venture Partnership in Ecuador adhering to agreed bylaws, updating the relationship framework as needed, and increasing value to the shareholders enhancing the market share and positioning of this important operation.
- Responsible for leading a diversified and cross-cultural team, delivering sustainable profitable growth and managing all aspects of the Ecuadorian operation, its subsidiaries, branches and legal entities.
- Lead and direct all strategic, financial, and operating plans in Ecuador to ensure the organization achieves its short and long-term objectives as set by the overall corporate business plan and in accordance with local governmental regulations.
- Monitor the local competitive environment to identify business threats and opportunities and develop business plans to address them.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers to ensure that business strategies are implemented effectively.
- Represent the Ecuador office and participate in financial, social, governmental sectors and relevant associations, identifying opportunities for the development and protection of the corporation in the local market, promoting the development of the local insurance industry, as well as the evaluation of regulatory proposals for the industry.
- Manage statutory and capital requirements showcasing company´s reputation and innovative mindset.
- Position AIG within regulatory framework boundaries and protection of all licenses and agreements. This includes adherence to company’s risk policies, Statements of Operational Standards and any AIG policies, audits, controls and ERM procedures in the country.
- Prioritize and manage the complex functional alignment at AIG to deliver the successful execution of these plans and maximize company value.
- Have a meaningful market profile, strengthen the bond with business partners and have productive relationships with regulatory stakeholders.
- Ensure the business is well-positioned to capitalize on emerging opportunities and actively participate in industry gatherings showcasing AIG’s capabilities
- Lead and promote a human capital strategy that enhances the attraction, development and retention of top talent, maximizes employee engagement, and positions AIG Ecuador as an Employer of Choice.
What we are looking for
- Steward of AIG Ecuador´s strategic plan ensuring alignment with global initiatives.
- Assume statutory accountability commensurate with executive responsibilities.
- Represents the organization as CEO of the Ecuadorian legal entity
- Represent AIG to local regulator and drive initiatives around key industry changes and general regulatory compliance.
- Experience with Personal / Commercial business to delivery the RAP / ROE targets for the Ecuadorian operation
- Planning, directing and controlling the business, recording and execution of strategic, multi-line retention and growth strategies for allocated major clients and/ or prospects, consistent with International objectives
- Overarching accountability for all aspects of Distribution and Field Operations in Ecuador, including but not limited to Agency, Direct, Broker, Major Accounts, Multinational, Industry Verticals, and Partner distribution.
- Working in collaboration with the product heads to drive product / service innovation.
- Accountable for the aggregate results of Ecuador.
- Develop and execute a three-year plan for Ecuador in conjunction key stakeholders.
- Lead and drive strategy in country and capture and utilize competitive data
- Support and promote a robust governance framework around Risk, Audit, and Compliance and budgets at a country level.
- In coordination with Country Chief Financial Officer, optimize capital and tax efficiency in country, work with Investment Committee to maximize investment returns within appropriate risk tolerance.
- Drive Talent Management and Engagement strategies ensuring vulnerability / succession plans are executed representing a diverse candidate slate.
- Own the brand and raise profile of AIG in Ecuador.
- Chairman of local Board of Directors.
- Responsible for driving ESG and DEI in country, as a market leader.
Based in Quito, Ecuador, a key market within LAC region
Reports to Regional CEO, LAC
Board and Committees:
The Ecuador CEO is a member of the following:
- Board of Directors of AIG Metropolitana legal entity
- Local Executive Comittee
- LAC EXCO (Regional Executive Committee)
- Representation in Insurance Market Trade Associations
Leadership, Technical Skills and Experience:
- A seasoned and future-oriented leader, with an extensive track record of financial and operational success at the country leadership level with a business of significant scale
- A transformational change agent with demonstrable experience in leading and enabling innovation
- An AIG ambassador who will strengthen the AIG brand within the marketplace by representing AIG persuasively and effectively in high-stakes internal and external settings
- A commercial thinker with deep knowledge of insurance and financial services industry; an ability to determine how external changes or decisions will impact the company, and plan accordingly. Strong financial acumen; able to anticipate, identify, and explain the financial implications of decisions
- Client leadership: A history of developing client relationships and someone who can represent AIG in building and strengthening our client relationships
- Team leadership: Superior people leader; a relationship developer and team builder; a strong focus on talent and leadership development; someone who attracts and develops high-caliber talent and who builds diverse, high-performing teams
- External thought leader in the insurance industry
- Industry experience: Significant experience (>15 years), stature and credibility in one or more sectors of the general insurance industry.
- International experience: International experience and a global orientation are essential given AIG’s global reach and the continued growth potential of the company’s businesses in the region.
- Strategic thinking: An executive who develops a bold vision and distinct strategies that result in competitive advantage; an individual who also translates strategies into specific objectives and plans; and someone who understands the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate AIG’s momentum; an innovator and brand builder.
- A Global influencer who builds strategic relationships and alliances with key external stakeholders within and outside of Ecuador, influencing decisions to advance the organization’s objectives and enhance the growth potential of the company within the region.
- Performance orientation: A high-energy, results-oriented, hands-on executive; a leader who sets, pursues and achieves aggressive goals for organizational success; someone who tackles problems directly; a strong performance orientation and good attention to detail
- A master collaborator with a proven ability to operate within a complex global organizational structure and to manage multiple stakeholders
- A values-led leader with an unquestioned reputation for integrity and ethics. A strong character that will inspire the trust of others, both internally and externally.
- External relations: Experience in building outstanding external relationships with Regulators and ability to demonstrate an understanding of the local regulatory agendas, strategies and structures.
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience in positions with increasing scale and scope of responsibility
- Proven track record of delivering successful business results
- Fluency in English and Spanish are requirements for the role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Source: AIG