Support the FAC Desk Financial Lines Product Leader in the underwriting and management of the Financial Lines portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Carry out the underwriting process of the risks received through the different distribution channels according to the corporate guidelines and the Profit Center.
- Promote the closing of the most desirable accounts for the growth and profitability of the Division.
- Support in the generation of key performance indicators including but not limited to monitoring of submission flow by distribution channels, effectiveness ratios, analysis of losses/ claims behaviors, among others
- Collaborate in the development of business strategies, development of new products, preparation of budgets.
- Support in the preparation of commercial presentations, newsletters, marketing material and other initiatives for marketing and distribution of Financial Lines products.
- Maintain updated underwriting files based on corporate guidelines.
- Interact with different areas of the Company such as claims dpt, legal, compliance, among others for the proper development of the operations of the Division.
- Interact and meet the requirements of our clients and intermediaries.
What we’re looking for:
- College or university degree in areas of Legal, Finance or Business Administration.
- Reinsurance courses or certifications are desirable.
- Experience required interacting with the Latin American insurance or reinsurance industry preferably in Financial Lines related products.
- Analytic capabilities to underwrite accounts and understand underwriting tool outputs.
- Commercial ability to work with cedents and reinsurance brokers which could provide target accounts to achieve our goals.
- Advanced Spanish and English language. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to succinctly interpret data for executive review.
- Reinsurance market knowledge.
- Ability to work with Finance concepts. Critical and Lateral Thinking.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint and advanced MS Excel/Powerpoint/ Word.
- Resourceful and decisive with overall good reasoning ability and high degree of attention to detail.
- Coverage, terms, clauses and wordings understanding and analysis.
- Proactive, agility and adaptation.
- Excellent customer skills.
A look at our benefits:
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and well-being. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, The “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Source: AIG & LinkedIn