Company: Everest Global Services, Inc.
Title: Reinsurance Claims Examiner, Miami, Florida.
Job Category: Claims.
Everest Reinsurance Company, a member of Everest Group, is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our Company as a Reinsurance Claims Examiner, based in Miami, FL. The candidate will have multiple claims responsibilities including but not limited to investigating, evaluating, and resolving property and casualty claims and provide oversight to TPA adjusters with certain degree of latitude for independent judgment.
The responsibilities of the reinsurance claim examiner include:
- Receipt of claim notices, creation of files, verifying claim figures, and booking reserve and payment transactions in our claims and financial systems.
- Direct examining of property/liability reinsurance claims of low to medium complexity within assigned authority levels.
- Proactive and timely establishment and maintenance of claim reserves, including seeking authority when required.
- Managing and directing adjusters, appraisers, experts, and other vendors in accordance with our guidelines.
- Coverage review and analysis, including the preparation of reservation of rights letters, denial letters and internal reports when required
- Development of resolution strategies on both assigned Independent Adjuster and TPA managed claims.
- Liaise, collaborate, and develop relationships with our internal and external clients on all claim matters associated with assigned accounts.
- Conducting claim audits of ceding companies
- Travel may be required.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with advanced degree and insurance/reinsurance designations preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of commercial insurance property/casualty claim-related experience preferred.
- Claim technical audit experience and/or reinsurance claims experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
The successful candidate will work directly with the Miami / International Claims team and must thrive in a dynamic, small team environment while being capable of working effectively within a larger, multinational environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills including the ability to concisely present a set of complex facts, provide analysis and make recommendations
- Bilingual, English and Spanish required; Portuguese is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Access) is required
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a collaborative team
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on tasks/projects
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate For US Employees Only
Everest requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.
Time Type: Full time
Primary Location: Miami, FL
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.
Source: Everest Reinsurance Company