Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG Staff Counsel.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Provides legal advice and representation to AIG and/or the insured in legal matters while minimizing legal and indemnity exposure. Handle cases of moderate complexity and financial exposure; may handle higher exposure cases as part of a legal team / training development activity.
1. Examine reports, evidence and other relevant data to determine advisability of proceeding with litigation.
2. Analyze probable outcomes through knowledge and research of legal precedents.
3. Develop and execute trial and/or pre-trial strategy for most cost effective outcome.
4. Draft legal papers, perform research, and handle project work for the office.
5. Negotiate settlements on behalf of the insured and/or AIG.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 6 to 9 years related insurance trial experience with financial exposures up to 500K and/or moderate complexity cases
- Strong & effective communications
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and claims peers
- Detailed knowledge of local statutes, regulations and case law
- Ability to develop manage and monitor pre-trial and trial strategies
- Knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures
- Ability to advise core and associate staff on technical issues
- Ability to litigate the moderately complex cases in the specified jurisdiction
- JD Required; Must be admitted and able to practice Law in one or more Jurisdiction
We’re the new AIG. We’re one of the world’s largest insurance organizations, with more than 88 million customers across the globe. We’re leaders in property casualty insurance, life and retirement services, and mortgage guaranty. But we’re more than the sum of our parts. We’re a network of approximately 63,000 people in 100 countries who come together every day to take on the world’s new challenges. We’re people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that when we’re at our best, it allows each and every one of our customers to be at their best, to realize their dreams, and find success every day.
Together, we’re working to help see, build, and secure a better future for everyone.