Position Summary: Legal Counsel – Dispute Resolution Swiss Re
This is an opportunity to be part of a team responsible for management of litigation/arbitration across Swiss Re’s businesses. As part of the team, you will handle non-claims litigation, internal and external investigations, respond to subpoenas and government queries and support colleagues in re/insurance claims on coverage, bad faith and other disputed issues across the Americas.
You will be involved in witness interviews and deposition preparation; and will draft discovery responses, settlement agreements and other documents. related to disputes in courts, arbitration and mediation. You will counsel the business on litigation risk, help resolve disputed issues before litigation and identify emerging areas of legal risk. Knowledge of e-discovery practice and procedure is a must.
You will foster and maintain positive working relationships with other members of the Dispute Resolution & Litigation team and outside counsel; work collaboratively with internal clients and legal and compliance colleagues throughout the region; and share your knowledge by providing trainings.
- This role can be based in Kansas City or Miami.
As a Member Of Division Legal, You Will Also
– Contribute to quarterly legal reports, Division projects and initiatives.
– Help develop efficient policies and practices to promote and maintain high legal and ethical standards.
- You are admitted to practice in a US state, capable of being admitted in Missouri, and have worked on commercial litigation, including insurance matters, for 5 years or more.
- You have strong analytic and practical litigation skills and are committed to providing high-quality, timely and pragmatic client service, balanced with a clear focus on protecting the interests and reputation of Swiss Re.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and constructively with others, engaging with colleagues across a diverse range of backgrounds and functions.
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient in Spanish.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
Source: Swiss Re & LinkedIn