Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Miami is looking for a senior property underwriter
About The Role
The Senior Property Underwriter will be responsible for keeping and developing a profitable General Property book of business. This includes actively producing business, building and cultivating a network of contacts with brokers and clients as well as analysing and underwriting Risks within own authorities, both from the Fire and Natural Catastrophe perspectives.
Specifically, You Will Be Expected To
- As a Senior Property Underwriter, you will be responsible for the in-depth underwriting analysis of each contract to be quoted. This includes gathering and evaluating data, analyzing accounts’ loss history and risk quality, and proposing changes to the wording, terms and conditions of (re)insurance contracts.
- Using your networking skills, you will develop strong marketing relationships with clients in the region.
- Apply your good understanding of profitability and financial analysis to consistently identify and analyze property damage and business interruption exposures for various industry classes.
- Solid experience and understanding of Nat Cat and Man-Made costing methodologies, underwriting assessment, risk management and loss-prevention
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to cross sell SRCS’s product offering
- Strong business and client focus with proven business impact
- Ability and proven track record of handling complex transactions/accounts
- Ability to lead internal (technical/organizational) and/or external (market/client development) projects
- Coaching of less experienced underwriters
- Uses Swiss Re tools and systems for the development of terms and conditions
About The Team
We are a diversified team looking for a pro-active, highly motivated and results oriented Underwriter to join the Latin America Property team. The team’s focus is on Property wholesale placements for the Latin American region including the Caribbean.
- Educational background
- University degree in engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, business or economics and ideally additional degrees and certificates.
- Professional experience
- 7+ years insurance industry experience.
- Preferably 5+ years Property underwriting in Latin America.
- In depth knowledge of insurance, commercial property underwriting, and the property insurance market environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of underwriting tools, business applications, and guidelines.
- Personal qualities
- Good negotiation and sales skills
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and social skills (communication, leadership, persuasiveness, team spirit)
- Tough and self confident
- Self-starter; ability and willingness to take initiative and implement measures in a goal-oriented manner
- Good knowledge of software applications and good computer skills in general
- Good numeracy skills
- Languages: English and Spanish are a must. Portuguese is a plus.
- Will be expected to travel within Latin America.
- Educational background
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
Source: Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Miami and LinkedIn