Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd., is seeking an Underwriting Manager (Surety), whose primary responsibility is to underwrite new and renewal commercial bond business within their assigned authority level while maintaining and building productive relationships with our network of independent agents and brokers.
Location is flexible: Northeast, Chicago, or Houston preferred. Responsibilities include but are not limited:
- Developing a Regional presence by actively meeting with and soliciting brokers/agents
- Underwriting mid and upper-mid market contract and Fortune 1,000 commercial surety accounts
- Working with the Commercial Surety VP, Home Office and Credit functions to produce surety business that meets Everest’s underwriting and credit criteria
- Managing an assigned book of agents and brokers; setting goals and objectives for each agent and broker. This includes Agency visits as appropriate for managing these goals and objectives.
- Implementing pricing and selection standards that support strategic objectives and achieve desired financial goals set by management.
- Providing highest level of product quality and customer service. Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Surety or equivalent banking/ investment experience.
- A high level of technical underwriting and analytical skills is necessary to develop and manage business which achieves maximum underwriting profit.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and computer skills.
- A positive customer-oriented approach and self-motivated demeanor. Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans. Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More information. Apply
Other insurance job offers Miami