Everest Reinsurance Company job offer: Assistant Vice President, Financial Lines Underwriter – International Facultative
Everest Reinsurance is searching for a dynamic Assistant Vice President of Financial Lines Underwriter for our Miami, Florida office. In this role, you will service renewal business and increase new business in international facultative reinsurance.
This position, which reports to the VP and of International Facultative Casualty, has the opportunity to thrive in an entrepreneurial climate that values and rewards thoughtful risk taking, outstanding customer service and focus on execution. You will have both personal and collective responsibility for the growth and profitability of the financial line’s portfolio.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Manage, underwrite, price and negotiate a personal renewal portfolio of financial lines (D&O, PI and Crime for commercial and financial institutions) reinsurance accounts consistent with and according to the company’s strategy.
- Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with Everest’s existing base of clients to produce new financial lines (D&O, PI and Crime for commercial and financial institutions) business consistent with and according to the company’s strategy.
- Assist Junior Underwriters with developing and maintaining their renewal accounts.
- Work with operations, actuarial, legal, claims, finance and marketing to build and enhance products and contribute to the financial performance of the business unit.
- Monitor product results and develop ideas to increase productivity and profitability.
- Work as part of a larger facultative and treaty team in Miami.
- At times, 10-20% travel maybe required.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Work Experience And Qualifications
- 5-10 years of financial lines re/insurance underwriting experience.
- B.A. / B.S degree from an accredited College or University required. Risk management and insurance or finance preferred.
- Strong understanding financial lines products (D&O, PI and Crime for commercial and financial institutions).
- Ability to manage large and often unpredictable work-loads in a high pressured, competitive environment
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation skills.
- Outgoing, driven, high attention to detail and results focused mentality.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related computer skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to work on other projects as required.
- Bilingual in second language preferred but not required.
Source: Everest and LinkedIn