Miami: Head of Latin America AXA XL.
Drives our Latin American reinsurance business into the next dimension by leading a seamless cooperation of our four existing regional platforms, building on their respective strengths. Leading our regional client practice, further diversifying a profitable product portfolio across the P&C Reinsurance product suite. Is able to lead the underwriting strategy in the region thanks to an in-depth understanding of the technical and commercial drivers of the business.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- The existing positive track record with brokers and clients enables to further expand a successful business across the region
- Responsible for strategic and people leadership for AXAXL Re in Latin America
- Translating and executing a vision into strategies aligned with the companies’ appetite and overall strategic direction
- Capability to spot new business opportunities and translate them into acceptable business propositions
- Accountability for results in cooperation with product underwriting and actuarial practices
- Excels the existing team’s abilities thanks to an experienced team building track record and a winning personality
- Understanding the technical and commercial drivers of the business will allow to drive technical conversations in various lines of business (property, casualty, agriculture, surety and A&H)
You will report to Chief Executive Emerging Markets, AXA XL Re.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Self-driven, realistic and positive personality
- Strong Team player, with a high level of resilience and stamina
- Experience in successfully building a reinsurance business in Latin America
- Detailed and in-depth underwriting experience in at least 2 – 3 different lines of business
- And understanding of the full range of P&C lines of business
- Flair for figures and models and capability to enter into detailed technical discussions with underwriting and actuarial colleagues
- Proficient in Spanish and ideally Portuguese as well as English
Flexible Work Eligible
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Head of Latin America AXA XL
Source: AXA XL and LinkedIn