Job: AIG Specialty Lines Senior Treaty Underwriter.
Responsible for the various aspects of the underwriting process of Financial, Specialty & Marine and Agriculture, with a focus on financial lines, for Latin America and Caribbean region and business development through brokers and ceding companies for all target business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES, INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Help in the preparation of the Financial, Specialty & Marine and Agriculture, Treaty Budgets in close coordination with the Department Head for the region.
- Liaise with pricing actuary to review results to better interpret results and changes in pricing
- Help in the implementation of a business plan strategy for the profitable underwriting of a diverse and balanced Financial, Specialty & Marine and Agriculture, Treaty portfolio of Latin American and the Caribbean on Proportional and Non Proportional basis.
- Continuous monitoring of account performance versus agreed target
- Constant review, adjustment and establishment of new budget goals
- Review and approval of new offers and renewals in line with Validus Re underwriting and pricing guidelines, as well as revision and approval of special acceptances & endorsements
- Supervise the input process and storage of data in accordance with the underwriting workflow process
- Proactive use and understanding of all metrics associated with Validus Re Pricing tool, VCAPS.
- Training and supervision of subordinates including but not limited to following: VRI Validus Re UW Guidelines, need for consistency, need for precision, documentation of G: shared Drive, uploading required documents in DMS/Workflow.
- Ensure compliance of laws, rules and regulations affecting Validus Re business (both internal and external)
- Maintain awareness of changing insurance/reinsurance market conditions to take advantage of new opportunities
- Coordinate with Validus Re underwriting, actuarial, accounting, IT audit and claims departments, to ensure that all information related to the existing portfolio and prospective business is in order
- Constant communication with the Claims Manager to discuss issues related to potential claims
- Working with Accounting Department in resolving premium payment discrepancies or other issues that may arise.
- Establish and effective marketing strategy to promote our department and our group capabilities in an effort to effectively cross-sell our products
- Clear and open communication with all other underwriting departments of the group
- Business travel and marketing required
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A demonstrably successful underwriting track record, professional insurance qualifications and/or designations a plus.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in finance, Law, business administration or risk management and insuranceMinimum five years of underwriting experience in Surety
CPCU, Are, or AFSB Desired.
Knowledge of EXCEL, Word
- Fully Bilingual – English and Spanish, Portuguese is desirable
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. MATHEMATICAL AND ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to define problems, collect and research data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Resourceful and decisive with overall good reasoning ability and high degree of attention to detail.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data ORAL COMMUNICATION
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Able to explain clearly to all subordinates their tasks and goals. WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals PLANNING & ORGANIZING
- Prioritize and plan work activities
- Able to process heavy work loads
- Set goals and objectives
- Uses time efficiently
- Proper supervising of all subordinates