The Chief Information Officer (CIO) for LATAM will serve as a key member of the executive team providing advice on a wide range of strategic, tactical, and operational issues. S/he will be responsible for establishing and executing an IT strategy for LATAM, overseeing a team dispersed in more than 10 locations with 240 IT professionals and 650 Consultants/Contractors and a budget of $63M
The CIO will reassess the IT function, and work towards the creation of a high-performance operating model that leverages common platforms, procedures, and best-in-class processes to support the enterprise. The CIO will also be responsible for collaborating with peer operations and functional leaders to oversee the delivery of services from other groups such as infrastructure and the global centers of excellence. S/he will take a bottom-line oriented approach to aligning delivery across a complex, global organization while enabling business growth.
The CIO will play a central role in driving Chubb’s Latin America wide digital transformation. S/he will overhaul and stabilize back-end technology while optimizing and integrating systems and platforms, and while developing and launching novel front-end capabilities inclusive of artificial intelligence features, among others. This executive will create a dynamic technology environment in order to achieve highly innovative solutions that enable business growth and serve to disrupt the industry. As a senior leader in a highly collaborative environment, the CIO will shape comprehensive transformation through sound leadership and partnership across the organization.
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English desired
- At least 15 years in management for systems professionals
- At least 10 years in computer operations
- Excellent communications skills at professional and top management levels
- At least 7 years in insurance applications development
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Project management; agile desired
- A college degree in information systems or related field.
- At least 10 years in systems development and IT transformation
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Possess a proven track record in senior and/or executive level IT management roles in insurance or financial services organizations with globally distributed operations.
- Bring the gravitas and relationship-building skills necessary to achieve significant impact across a global, complex organization.
- Comfortable working in a heavily matrixed environment through influence and partnership while maintaining strong accountability.
- Have significant global experience and have experience working across organizational, cultural, and geographic boundaries to drive business strategy and initiatives.
- First and foremost be a business person with exceptional functional expertise in information systems and have a market-validated reputation for building best-in-class organizations in respect to people, processes, and technology.
- Be a hands-on executive with “intercultural agility” to work effectively across multiple and diverse countries and cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to relate to all members of the organization in a demanding and complex professional environment.
- Understand how business works; be knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in technology and information affecting financial services businesses and organizations; know the competition and analogues organizations.
- Possess a demonstrated track record in successful program and project management, with experience driving efficiencies and managing costs.
- Have owned all aspects of the IT function from applications to architecture, infrastructure, and services.
- Bring experience leading a large global team preferably within a matrixed organization.
- Offer experience with Digital systems including creating Digital applications and the back-end systems to support Digital distribution.
- Be able to travel outside the United States approximately 30-40% of their time.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Yes, 50 % of the Time