Senior Contracts Specialist Swiss Re: This position offers a unique opportunity in insurance, combining legal skills with business insight in an international environment while representing Corporate Solutions, the commercial insurance division of Swiss Re.
As a Senior Contracts Specialist, you will
- Apply your legal skills and senior level insurance experience to develop and improve insurance product offerings.
- Support large and complex transactions with legal and business advice on wordings.
- Work with the full range of commercial insurance lines of business.
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and colleagues in Underwriting, Operations, Legal and Claims functions across Latin America.
- Review and draft insurance contract wordings and related documents mainly for both wholesale and retail markets in the Latin American jurisdictions, and have opportunities to engage with Contracts Specialists and Underwriters in different regions.
- Rely on your language skills which will be essential for your job performance.
- Research insurance contract law questions as well as relevant local regulation, developing and communicating company positions on contract wording issues and training internal clients.
- Participate in reviews of business divisions to ensure compliance with internal Contracts processes and rules as well as with applicable law.
- Be involved in digital projects of strategic importance to Corporate Solutions with high internal visibility.
- You have a law degree or equivalent, and you like researching and applying new laws and regulations.
- You are a Spanish or Portuguese native speaker and fluent in both written and spoken English, including legal and business terminology. It is a strong plus if you are proficient in both Spanish and Portuguese.
- You should have seven or more years’ experience in insurance, in a senior level Underwriting, Broking, Claims, Compliance or Legal/Contracts role and a sound knowledge of insurance products. Familiarity with governance tasks is a plus.
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously in a virtual team but who is happy to coordinate with team colleagues.
- You can efficiently handle many tasks at once and prioritize the vital ones to ensure that due dates are met.
- You possess strong writing and analytical problem-solving skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with internal clients who are not familiar with legal matters.
- Your passion is to apply your legal and contractual know-how to practical day-to-day business situations!
- You can digest large amounts of information quickly and filter out relevant details.
- You feel comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
- You have an innovative demeanor and are curious to help develop the role of the contracts lawyer in the digital era.
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Team
We are a multi-national team of fifteen (re)insurance contract wording specialists located across the world, and comprise the global Contracts function which is embedded in the underwriting division. Our daily work consists of drafting our own insurance contract documentation for domestic and international insurance, as well as reviewing externally drafted wordings and clauses. We support property, casualty, and special lines such as professional indemnity, director’s and officer’s liability, marine, energy, engineering, construction and aviation insurance. We work closely with our underwriters and occasionally with external clients.
Our mission is to provide legally sound yet pragmatic advice that enables high quality solutions for our clients. For that purpose, we openly share knowledge and collaborate closely within our team as well as with other corporate functions, such as Legal, Compliance and Claims. In addition, we also contribute to digital projects.